Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August Trend of the Month + DIY Statement Necklace

I'm sure you know by now that I'm a DIY kinda gal.  Anything I could do myself for home improvements, fashion, decor, and anything else - you can always count me in.  I feel so fulfilled when I can bring something old and worn out back to life.  Why not right?!?  At least in my heart I know I'm saving something from going to the landfill.  This week I took my DIY passion out on my favorite old ratty scarf.
I was dreading getting rid of it, but I knew it needed intensive surgery because of the multiple tears it had.  I came across I Heart Jenny's Art: White Jersey Necklace on Pinterest  that helped inspire me to bring life back to my tattered 'ole scarf.

So I began cutting....I used two strips that I cut and twisted them together.  Then I stitched the two ends so the twist wouldn't unravel and after that I stitched the 2 twisted ends together.  Making the little flower was a bit hard (by no means am I a professional seamstress), but I did my best by rolling it up and hand stitching it to the twisted fabric.  And viola.....

can you guess what the trend of the month is @ Marionberry Style's Trend of the Month is??  You guessed it, Statement Necklaces.  I mixed my bright yellow DIY scarf remake with all black.  Look'n pretty classy - if I do say so myself.

I couldn't resist the urge to wear boots.  Oh how I dream of fall - all the sweaters, boots, and scarves.  I can't say that the weather in South Carolina changes much, but the fashion does.
Linked to:




  1. You made that necklace?! That is really talented! I always turn to the color yellow when I need a nice clean pop of color!

  2. That's suc a great DIY... Looks absolutely beautiful!!!


  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! LOVE how you rocked your scarf! It looks great. I am excited to be your newest follower. Cute blog, great ideas!!
    Make it a great day!
    What Meegan Makes

  4. Oh my a DIY-challenged gal I definitely am impressed with your skills. This is so creative and fun! Just love it!
    Thanks for linking up Jennifer!!
    XO - Marion

  5. Hi! Just started following you from the Mingle With Us Blog Hop. Really like your blog, awesome ideas!

  6. Super cute! Newest follower via the mingle with us blog hop. :)

    Stop by and say hello!


  7. Hello im a new follower from the Mingle With Us Blog Hop. Check out my blog and say hi. And would love if you could follow back. Thanks.

    Anyway, i like that DIY. Im going to try that to...

  8. Hi, I'm a new follower through the Mingle with us Blog Hop. Love your blog and would love a follow back!

  9. This is a pretty cool idea. I like how something so simple could be transformed into something eye-catching. And I can even try doing it myself. Thanks for the tip and I am following you now.

  10. I love your blog banner btw - it's lovely!


  11. Cute, I wish I was that inventive!

  12. Lovely blog!
    Mind to check out my blog?
    Maybe we can follow each other